Appealing A Planning Permit Decision

Appealing A Planning-Permit Decision in Melbourne

Appealing A Planning Permit Decision

The next step when Council has issued a refusal to Grant a Planning Permit.

If the local Council has decided to issue a ‘Refusal to Grant a Planning Permit’ you may consider submitting a fresh application to the local Council for a modified proposal that addresses Council’s Grounds of Refusal.

Alternatively, as the permit applicant, you can apply to VCAT to review Council’s refusal decision under section 77, of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.  An appeal must be lodged within 60 days after Council has given notice of the refusal.

On your behalf a qualified professional such as a lawyer or town planner can manage your application for review. Utilising the services of a qualified professional is advantageous in terms knowledgeable and experience they bring to the Application for Review otherwise known generically as a VCAT appeal.

VCAT does not require professional representation for a VCAT appeal.  Some applicants prefer to represent themselves for many reasons, the cost factor being one of these.


DLM Town Planning offers VCAT representation for both applicants for review and respondents throughout Melbourne. We proudly service council municipalities including Banyule City Council, Brimbank City Council, Darebin City Council, Knox City Council, Manningham City Council, Maroondah City Council, Moonee Valley City Council, Moreland City Council, Nillumbik Shire Council & Whitehorse City Council.

Contact DLM Town Planning on 0414 322 791 or for more information!

No Comments

Post A Comment